Thursday, June 5, 2008

"Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." Calvin & Hobbes


Many of my friends have recently had a child or two. Now along with all the joy and change of sleeping patterns comes massive responsibility of nurturing the little kids into what in many ways become a clone of themselves. This should really count out swearing which the clever little things seem to pick up extremely quickly. This is no help when you smash your head on the kitchen cupboard door or the dog chews the remote control for the TV.
When I was backpacking around the planet I bumped into two Kiwi lads who made up their own swear words that they could belt out loud as they liked and eventually with more passion than normal one's.
Try using KATEK! when the guy in the car in front of you is driving like a fool. It's a good one to let go of some of that energy and the little guy can take that to nursery school without the teacher getting any ideas about his dodgy parents.

Post Script: I must be really bored of swearing this year as I realise that I did a similar post recently. I suppose I am just trying to help those stuck in a rut of saying the same words to get a bit creative.

No comments: