Wednesday, July 16, 2008

“By the time they had diminished from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect "Hungry” - Gary Larson


What a cracker! Funny guy that Larson cat. I wonder if he is still in an asylum. I think I can sympathise with Hungry Dwarf. It seems the winter has brought along an increase in appetite with it for me. I think my stomach has grown on the inside somewhat and I now eat a half a packet of 500g packet of Linguine when I am making a pasta dish and if I get stuck into a few slices of bread that totals at least eight.
Perhaps living with two of my brothers has brought back memories of 'fighting' for food and getting down as much as possible when the chance presents itself. Being brought up in a house of 4 large boys was brilliant, but also sometimes a bit of a bun fight I suppose. It conditioned me to eat way too fast. I once ate a loaf of bread just for the fun of it - in about 15 minutes. It was a bet with a buddy that I clearly won once that loaf was sitting comfy in my stomach. My reward was a Big Mac!
Last week I watched some crazy mofo's in the USA celebrate the 4th of July by eating as many hotdogs as they could in 10mins. It was a dead heat at 59 hotdogs each. Fifty Nine I said! In ten minutes I said! And these guys are skinny buggers. Joey Chestnut then went on to beat Kobayashi in the eat off stuffing 5 more down quicker than Kobayashi could. Wondrous talents indeed. Has me peckish. You too? I'll buy the wiener's, you get the rolls and I'll see you at the bottom of the escalators in the waterfront for a 10 min hotdog dash.

No comments: