Sunday, April 20, 2008

More and more of our imports are coming from overseas --- George W. Bush

More and more of our imports are coming from overseas --- George W. Bush

I have never voted for a politician and I have no intention to. You see I don’t believe in politics. That is not quite true. I actually think that politics is possibly very suited to the very specific number of those under its’ influence that Plato stipulated when he conjured up his theory.
Outside of that microcosm I do not see the theory jelling well with these huge populations that countries now host.
One does not have to look very far to be confronted with too many glaring examples to vindicate my thoughts. Bush is just too much. Those under his spell even more to blame than him for accepting the foolishness that he keeps spewing out. Mbeki – a spineless good for nothing. Mugabe – an evil human who certainly has the brains and once looked a promising prospect, before he let politics turn him rotten.
I don’t blame politics mind you. I blame the human condition (not very healthy these days if you take a look around) that has too many faults at present to adopt a sensible approach to organizing societies like politics does.
Most will shake a finger at me and say that I am part of the problem if I don’t vote and what is my solution. I don’t propose to have one. I do beleive that if every human cared about her or himself sincerely, then by default, they would care for all those (and everything) around them and we would have little need for others to set rules and regulations for ourselves.
Of course this simple realization for some reason gets quashed every time it enters our thoughts. So it’s the clown show for the foreseeable future. Georgie Porgie the ring leader as he just churns out pearls like this one - daily.

Post script: I could not vote anyway in the 1994, first free elections in South Africa as I was locked up in campus jail. I had been ‘bust’ running through the women’s res - naked but for my rugby boots.
Plato’s Politics are actually the work of his teacher – Socrates (Not to be mistaken with Socrates the DJ from Cape Town and Caprice fame).

No comments: